25 February 2006

my winter is made!

Some would say that they hate winter and everything that comes with it. I happen to dissagree... Sure, I'm not a huge fan of the cold; especially when that means walking a substantial distance before entering a warm building. But that lovely white stuff that comes with it is worth every scarf, glove and toque... Ever since late November I've been eagerly awaiting the first snowfall, but unfortunately even Canada has dry periods. Pretty soon the white Christmas I hoped for arrived in the very seasonal shade of "roasted marshmallow" instead... From that point on I lost all hope that any snow would last more than a day.. but to my surprise, it snowed last week and it's still here!! "What is its excuse for being so tardy?" you may ask...
...I say it was fashionably
late.

No comments: