25 June 2006

Heading.. north?

Well it seems to me I've sort of slacked when it comes to blogging. But really, if you know me, I'm not doing all that bad! I apologize to those who check this site and will fill you in as best I can with the latest news.
First of all I'm pleased to announce that I've passed both of my courses at Grant MacEwan! Since I seemingly survived those two classes, I've decided to indulge myself more thouroughly into the college life. This fall I will be packing my belongings for the 5 hour trek north to Keyano College. Located in the city of Fort McMurray where oil and money preside, there is little more than bars, oil riggers and tradesmen... or so I've heard. Appealing? Not really.. But the chance to start my BScN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) this fall is sufficient motivation! I received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. Just before I trade my car in for a dog team though, I'll be touring through Abbotsford, Blaine, and Seattle for 10 days. It'll be at the end of August so if you're around, let me know.
I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding two days ago. It couldn't have been on a more perfect day either. It was so sunny and hot, such a change from the past couple weeks. There were friends there that I hadn't seen in over a year, and since the bride is a family friend my parents, brother and sister and some extended family were there too. Such a good time! It's funny thinking that not too long ago we would just talk about marriage, what it would be like, who would get married first etc.. there was a point during the reception where a few of us were standing around talking about the day when my sister (who is married herself) scanned through all of us and said, "so who's next?!" We all laughed and made our guesses.. some things will never change I guess, or at least until we're all married! Now that's a funny thought.
Well, there's more i'd like to write about, but then i'd have to change over to a more reflective way of thinking, but for me that would take hours to put into words that were understandable. I know I didn't exactly tell a lot of what is going on, but there was a lot of detail that went into the stories that I told.. So I think I'll leave this post here, welcoming the summer and toasting to new memories and unexpected blessings!
cheers!

4 comments:

Megan said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're leaving me... You're actually leaving me?

Justin N said...

i can't believe it's not butter!

Justin N said...

um. sorry. I had to....

so i was skimming the post and I thought for a second there that you were saying that you were getting married. I was like WHAT?!! then I reread it. cool. so yea. I would be interested to hear a story or two.... Just post them one at a time. :)

Unknown said...

Yo! Good to read something about your life. You should come to Seattle at the beginning of August, that way you can see me and Justin.